Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Life Lately // The End of Something & New Beginnings


So I had a pretty crappy start to my week. For a start I hit a kitty while driving home from Dunedin to Invercargill. The poor thing had no chance and the plastic cover that sits above my wheel came off too! So I had a little cry on the side of the road & my Dad came and checked my car was ok to drive home. Argh!


On Monday I found out work had dried up on the architectural draughting front and it was time to find a new job. So I've spent the last couple of days handing out my CV all over town. Fingers crossed for good news soon!





Well now I've got the crappy bit out of the way. But there is always a silver lining! (a 'sparkley' lining??) I've been working on my packaging & flavour ideas for my cupcakes. I've been getting a few orders lately so that's been great & I've been getting a bit of pocket money! Today I had a meeting with a guy from the council to talk about what I need to do if I sell cupcakes at markets. He was really friendly and helpful so I'm feeling excited about what I could get up to there! You can check out all my flavour ideas on my Facebook page for Sequin Corner!



I hope you have all had a great week so far, hopefully by next week I will have heard back from a few places about jobs and will possibly have some interviews lined up. Positive thinking is the way to go!

13 comments:

  1. I want to come down to Invercargill and eat those cupcakes!!!! I am so sorry you've had a rough week and I am crossing my fingers and toes that you get a new, fabulous job soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! :) Yup, it can only go up from here :D

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the job front and the kitty, i would have had a wee cry too :( Hopefully you find a new job soon! Those cupcakes look seriously amaze, I would totally buy some if I was in Invers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yeah poor kitty :( Hopefully lots of people will want to buy my cupcakes too :)

      Delete
  3. That is some really gorgeous packaging. And the cupcakes look fab too!

    Best of luck with your endeavour. And with the job hunt too.

    (If you were in Perth i would totally be a regular customer. Even if I already have an amazing cupcake shop on my street)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news about being able to sell your cupcakes is great, and they look absolutely delicious, so good luck with that, and finding a job :)!

    I'm sorry you hit the kitty, it must be horrible :( xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SERIOUSLY? Everything looks beyond amazing. I cold totally go for some sweets right now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look 100% divine. I wish I could reach into my computer and grab one. Sorry your week was so rough, here's hoping this one's better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kasey!! Thanks for visiting my blog! Thats a bit of a bummer about the job thing but dw, positive thinking! When one door closes another opens!! Good luck with the markets, keep us posted how u go! I really love the look of your cupcakes, the packaging is uber cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry your week started off bad, hope it got better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lady, haven't seen you blogging for a while. Hope all is ok with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you've had a not so great week, hopefully things will start looking up really soon. And on a side note those cupcakes of yours look so incredibly yummy! Now I really want a cupcake of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cupcakes always look SO gooood! Sorry to hear about your job situation (although I notice now that it was a while ago), I hope that things have improved. Maybe it's a sign that you should become a full time cupcake extraordinaire!.
    Thank you for your lovely comment by the way, it sounds like we are in a similar boat.
    x

    ReplyDelete