Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ballet Reviews // Russian Ballet & Sleeping Beauty


I was lucky enough to be invited to review two ballets recently - the Russian Imperial Ballet Company's A Festival of Russian Ballet and The Royal New Zealand Ballet Company's Sleeping Beauty. I decided to attend both in Dunedin, as my pool of available ballet-loving friends is slightly larger than what I have in Invercargill!!

I went to see the Russian Ballet on the 5th of November and took along a friend I used to do ballet with back in the day. You can read my review here! I enjoyed it but found some bits a little hard to follow, nothing a bit of research on the interent couldn't fix though! I met up with some friends afterwards and we had some quiet drinks in town which was nice!

I went to the RNZB's performance on the 12th of November. I absolutely loved it! It has been in the works for a couple of years so it was so well rehearsed with beautiful costumes and cool sets! Here is my review. I took my sister this time and she enjoyed it too so that's good!!

I love getting to see all these awesome ballets and dance performances - it's pretty cool!! Here is a link to all the reviews I have done so far. I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot more next year!!

If you want to go see a performance of any kind in New Zealand, chances are there is a review of it on Theatreview. It definitely helps to see what you might be in for!








1 comment:

  1. Lucky! The last ballet I saw was in January [Reflections with the Bolshoi]. But I'm excited because I'm performing in The Nutcracker in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete