Monday, July 11, 2011

Cake Decorating - Heart Cupcakes




A friend ordered these cupcakes the other day as she was leaving her job to start in a new position with the same company. She wanted chocolate flavoured cupcakes with a pretty coloured icing and girly decorations. 

I used a cake mix I can get through the Sugarcraft Guild for the cupcakes and a basic frosting recipe for the icing. They came out pretty good! She loved them which was great! With the money she paid me for them I purchased an ice cream scoop so all my cupcakes are the same size and some tiny little cutters in a variety of shapes (one being the little hearts on these cupcakes) I have decided any money I make from cake decorating should go towards new equipment, so I can update my already large collection and make even cooler decorations and cakes in the future!

These pictures will also be up on my Sequin Corner Cakes blog in the next few days. I hope I get to do more orders soon, it's so fun and I love getting feedback!

What do you think of the cupcakes? What simple decoration would be your favourite for a cupcake?

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so cool! They are adorable- like something out of a magazine! That's really smart to reinvest the money you make into new supplies and stuff :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. I agree with other comment on reinvesting money into equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! so nice to meet you, thanks for popping by my blog :)
    these look so pretty, you really do a great job photography your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg you aren't allowed to eat them ... to beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete